Friday, August 12, 2011

Wisdom? Yes, please.

"Choose my instruction rather than silver, and knowledge rather than pure gold. For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies. Nothing you desire can compare with it." (Prov. 8:10-11)


I desire many things: clothes, comfort, a trip to Greece, a baby, freedom, a pair of TOMS just to name a few.  I pray for wisdom, but usually only in crisis situations.  I don't consider wisdom to be of more value than rubies (or diamonds for me, personally).  I don't desire wisdom.  Honestly, there are days when given the choice, I would not pick wisdom at the expense of my desire.    


I want freedom from my own shallowness; freedom from my here-and-now focus; freedom from my selfish, nasty heart.  


This is my prayer today, by the power of the Holy Spirit working in me, is that I will focus on Christ in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col. 2:3).   

1 comment: